February is very special this year for Nate. He turned 8 years old! He had a bowling party. It was going to be a hot tub party, but his dad accidentally forgot to drain the pump housing on the hot tub and it froze. The result would be us ordering a part online that got here 2 days to late :( He got to take his friends to the bowling alley instead. This was really fun. He also go to go to cub scouts. He was all smiles :) He felt very special in his new cub scout shirt. Thanks Grandma! Nate had a cake to beat out all cakes this year. It was amazing, and I did manage to actually delete it off my camera! I managed to delete all Nate's birthday pictures and scout pictures. Good job mom.
For a brief description, this cake cost me over $70 and I made it! It was a train cake. It was multi level. It involved 6 cake mixes, 2 cookie sheets of rice crispy treats, 2 boxes of graham crackers, 8 icing containers, 1 pkg jello-the pond, 1 pkg milk duds, 1 pkg sweedish fish, 1 pkg pretzel sticks, 2 pkgs marshmellows, various food coloring, and his geo tracks train-I didn't have to buy that thank goodness. All of this only took me a solid 8 hours and Nate helped for 4 hours too. Yes there is still cake left over.
So we had the most amazing cake, and no pictures. We did not even have a family party this year because everyone was going in different directions that day. The only people who saw this creation in all it's glory were some very excited 8 year old boys, my mom, and us. I know Nate will remember it forever even if we don't have a picture. He may even remember it better than it was. It could be in my favor.
Nate will be getting baptized on Feb 28th. The time is still unknown. We will let everyone know ASAP.
Nate you are so special and this is your month! We love you.



4 comments:
GASP! I can't believe you believe you deleted the photos of the birthday party and cake. I bet you felt just sick. But your right, Nate will always remember it. I still remember how much effort my mon put into our Birthdays, making sure they were special days. You're a great mom.
Happy Birthday Nate! Dane saw your cake and he thought it was the coolest cake ever. We are sad we won't be there for your baptism but have fun anyway okay? We love you. Make sure your mom doesn't delete the pictures on accident because we want to see them. :) just kidding Liz technology hates me too.
How exciting! It sounds like you need to make some of our B-Day cakes. What a great day! Happy Birthday little Nate!
Post a Comment